Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guest happiness, CC
fightinsaxon
post Dec 15 2007, 09:17 PM
Post #1

Gray Wolf

Group: Maintenance Worker

Member No.: 14368

I have looked at other people;s posts and pretty much have done that, but i still cant gwt my guest happiness up to 85.
Have any more hints or even cheats?
Thanks in advance!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lam
post Dec 15 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #2

Green Eggs 'n Lam
Group Icon

Group: DRT [Mod]

Member No.: 6112

I guess we can help you best if you tell us what you've tried. Guests like to see lots of happy animals everywhere they walk. Sometimes raising your admission fee to $100 will keep new guests from coming in which will help raise their happiness. Maybe you could post a picture or give us some stats or tell us what you've tried . . . then we can give you some better advice. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fightinsaxon
post Dec 16 2007, 12:58 AM
Post #3

Gray Wolf

Ive tried adding stautues and adding lots of plants on the sides of each of my pathways. Ive put my pathways to 3 paths together to make them wider. ive put food and drinks stations by mt main attractions. Ive added houses and gift shops. ive added everything that i can think of. My animals are all 95-99 happiness.
Hope this helps to give me some advice.

This post has been edited by Lam: Jan 19 2008, 09:46 PM
Reason for edit: removed unnecessary quote

+Quote Post
PsychicZookeeper
post Dec 16 2007, 01:45 AM
Post #4

Responsible for Bart 1 and Bart 2
Group Icon

Group: Owner [The Boss]

Member No.: 33

Your guests should never be more than one path away from happy, healthy animals that they can view. Remember that guests can only see 10 squares away and they can only see the animals that are within that 10 squares. So if the exhibit is more than 10 squares deep and the animals are in the back, guests cannot see the animals. If the exhibit has 6 (overcrowded) zebras within 10 squares of the guest, the guest happiness will be increases by 6 zebras. If their is only 1 zebra within 10 squares of the guest in a spacious beautiful exhibit, then the guest happiness will only increase by 1 zebra, a significant decrease from the 6 previously available.

Animals are so very important to guest happiness that other things really don't matter. Check out this screenshot -- http://www.zootycoonunleashed.com/ZTForums/index.php?s=&a...ost&p=22148 -- this zoo won the award for guest happiness at 95. Dirt path, no decor, lots of (overcrowded) animals, guests loved it ohmy.gif

Replace your food courts with restaurants. Eliminate the trash problems and getting stuck between picnic tables (are guests stuck somewhere?). Be sure you have zookeepers assigned and the poo is getting cleaned up. (Poo results in decreased guest happiness.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
fightinsaxon
post Dec 16 2007, 03:51 AM
Post #5

Gray Wolf

QUOTE (PsychicZookeeper @ Dec 15 2007, 07:45 PM) *
Your guests should never be more than one path away from happy, healthy animals that they can view. Remember that guests can only see 10 squares away and they can only see the animals that are within that 10 squares. So if the exhibit is more than 10 squares deep and the animals are in the back, guests cannot see the animals. If the exhibit has 6 (overcrowded) zebras within 10 squares of the guest, the guest happiness will be increases by 6 zebras. If their is only 1 zebra within 10 squares of the guest in a spacious beautiful exhibit, then the guest happiness will only increase by 1 zebra, a significant decrease from the 6 previously available.

Animals are so very important to guest happiness that other things really don't matter. Check out this screenshot -- http://www.zootycoonunleashed.com/ZTForums/index.php?s=&a...ost&p=22148 -- this zoo won the award for guest happiness at 95. Dirt path, no decor, lots of (overcrowded) animals, guests loved it ohmy.gif

Replace your food courts with restaurants. Eliminate the trash problems and getting stuck between picnic tables (are guests stuck somewhere?). Be sure you have zookeepers assigned and the poo is getting cleaned up. (Poo results in decreased guest happiness.)

Everyhting u guys said i did and my guest happiness dropped to 56.
Will it recover soon or do i have to do something?

+Quote Post
Lam
post Dec 16 2007, 04:08 AM
Post #6

Green Eggs 'n Lam
Group Icon

pm sent your way

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lam
post Dec 16 2007, 05:55 AM
Post #7

Green Eggs 'n Lam
Group Icon

I took a look at your Aquatic Park zoo and here are a few more suggestions:
1) Delete all but 1 of your restaurants (I usually have 1 for every 300 guests)
2) When you use restaurants ALL your guests needs are met so you don't need the restrooms or benches any more. If you want a couple of benches, that's ok but guests are funny & tend to get more cranky when they have too much of a good thing.
3) Delete your trashcans - you don't need them when you don't have concession stands (be sure a maint. guy sweeps up the trash that's left behind when you delete the cans)
4) Guests like observation areas but they don't like to be limited to observation areas - put pathways all the way around your exhibits (right next to the tank wall or only 1 square away).
5) Get rid of the swim shack and swim with the dolphin attractions - while guests enjoy them, they get tired out which causes their happiness rating to drop

& a design comment - when doing scenarios, it's really a good idea to keep your zoo as small and compact as possible. your exhibits are quite a bit larger than they need to be which is causing your guests to walk long distances without seeing happy animals. I try to put two really nice, popular exhibits right next to the entrance and branch out from there keeping everything very close together. I use only 1 restaurant, a gift shop, the carousel and maybe the animal theater.

I think if you make the changes I listed in #'s 1-5, you will eventually reach 85 on the guest happiness meter but it will take awhile. Take a look at the walk through found here
and look at the screenies to see what I mean by small and compact.

--------------------

+Quote Post
genkicoll
post Dec 16 2007, 04:52 PM
Post #8

Genkicolleen
Group Icon

Group: Designer [Designer]

Member No.: 56

I wrote a tutorial (of sorts) on guest happiness. Try going through THIS topic smile.gif

Also, before you make the changes that Lam has suggested, I recommend selling ALL of your animals. This will make all of your unhappy guests leave the zoo. It will take them a while to leave, and you can be making the changes suggested while they're leaving. As soon as they're gone, put the animals back. If money is an issue, use the money cheat, which is <shift> 4 (the dollar sign $). Your tanks will immediately get funky and fences will break, but if you just place your marine staff in the tanks, they'll clean them up. As for the fences, if you name a male maintenance worker Bob V , all of the fences will be fixed biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by genkicoll: Dec 16 2007, 04:56 PM

--------------------
~ ZOO TEK PHOENIX PR Rep
PM me if you have any troubles getting your Tek account set up!

+Quote Post
Lam
post Dec 16 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #9

Green Eggs 'n Lam
Group Icon

QUOTE (genkicoll @ Dec 16 2007, 11:52 AM) *
Also, before you make the changes that Lam has suggested, I recommend selling ALL of your animals. This will make all of your unhappy guests leave the zoo. It will take them a while to leave, and you can be making the changes suggested while they're leaving. As soon as they're gone, put the animals back.

that's a very good suggestion, Genki. that will make the "recovery" much faster

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 11:38 AM