IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Multiple animals in one exibit, who is compatible with who?
Katy
post Jun 24 2005, 09:10 PM
Post #1

Anteater

Group: Zoo Visitor

Member No.: 2489

I know you can put different species in the same exibit, but what animals can go together? Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anyajoy
post Jun 24 2005, 10:03 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Ailuromaniac
Group Icon

Group: DRT [Mod]

Member No.: 2075

Two replies:

1.It's sometimes most fun to experiment by just putting animals from the same biome together. Keep tabs on them and pay attention though. smile.gif

2. Go back to the forums for Zoo Tycoon 2 and check out Zookeepers Area instead of the Tour Guides. Bengal recently posted lots of great info. on the animals in ZT2, including which animals can be placed together. For example, if you check out Bengal's Mountain Gorilla post, one sentence is about putting gorillas, chimps, okapi, and lemurs together in the same exhibit. Go check it out! biggrin.gif

--------------------

"God made the cat in order that humankind might have the pleasure of caressing the tiger." --Fernand Mey
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats." --Albert Schweitzer

+Quote Post
TigerKitty
post Jun 24 2005, 10:28 PM
Post #3

Techno Kitty

Group: Retired Staff [Retired Staff]

Member No.: 817

Hi and Welcome to the Forums clap.gif

The Neat thing about ZT2 is you can easily make real predator-prey exhibits and have the animals peacefully coexist...
(but like anya said you have to watch them and take GOOD care of the predators)
my moose / grizzly exhibit was fine for a long time, till there were too many babies
and the grizzlies started feeling crowded...then ummm moose munchies !

So just try things out and have fun !

Later
cat.gif
TigerKitty

--------------------
TigerKitty
"He who rides a tiger is afraid to dismount." ~Chinese Proverb

+Quote Post
polarman
post Jun 29 2005, 08:31 PM
Post #4

Manta Ray

Group: Maintenance Worker

Member No.: 2517

So far I have found that a few combos from zoo1 work well ie zebra giraffes, hippos and flamingos, crocks work too with the flamingos but keep the big guys feed blink.gif Also give gemsbocks and kangaroos a try, becarefull though both need alot of space :rockon:

--------------------
All I can hope for is that everyone has a dream that they can chase after, for this is what keeps the human soul
Aive !

user posted image

+Quote Post
Katy
post Jun 29 2005, 10:15 PM
Post #5

Anteater

Member No.: 2489

Thanks you guys!!

+Quote Post
Naz
post Aug 1 2005, 03:08 PM
Post #6

Anteater

Member No.: 2697

I let a leopard, a lion and lots of gazelles run free in my zoo and the lion didn't eat the gazelles nor the guests. The guests didn't even get scared when the lion walked past. I even made a picture of my lion and my gazelle walking together. Eventually, though, the leopard got hungry and killed a gazelle. Then it ate some and went somewhere else. The lion came and ate the rest of the gazelle.. So yes they can live together but you really should watch them carefully and make sure the predators are well-fed.

+Quote Post
Babale
post Sep 4 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #7

Werewolf Berserker

Group: Tour Guide

Member No.: 5371

When making a huge savanah, jungle, wetland, desert, scrub exhibit, i discovered that animals tend to stick in groups of realistic size! For example, my herd of 15 gazelles seperated into 2, each lead by 1 male, and they stayde around the border of the savanah/scrub! Zebras stayde in groups of 7, and stayed near the water hole! My rhinos and elephants were also a group

Pack hunters are lions, etc. they hunt in groups. i saw intresting behavior: when a member of the pack catches prey, other members don't attack, even if they are still hungry. They stay with the pack at all times

Loners: tigers, leopards and jaguars. they hunt alone, or with a mate. fathers leave mothers, and if they bump into grown babays, they will attack. vampire.gif transform.gif because of thier lonely nature, they tend to have less babaies in lager exhibits. taz.gif :rooster: :dolphin: cat.gif :colorful bounce: gorrillas are somewhat loners, as they wander away from the group. however, they always meet again when the male calls them.

using these stats, you can learn where to place food in multi-species exhibits. hoped this helped.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Babale
post Sep 7 2006, 11:23 PM
Post #8

Werewolf Berserker

i just saw something else: migrating! the loners, apperenttly, move around much more freely then packs and herd, because they go wherever they want, not waiting for others. anyways, a tiger got near my gazells, and scared the. i noticed that they usually ran togherther, and even when they seperated, they go back in a group soon. anyways, after being scared away from food or water, they seperated to find food. they always do that when their starving, BTW. anyways, the the herd seperated, and 1 gazelle joined another group. i found the rest regrouping by an oasis with food around it, so they met up again. However, they crossed half the large savvanah map(!!!) sepratly, then, luckly, got back together. i studied what happens when they choose between groups, so when two herd met, some left, and some joined. dancing tiger.gif however, when they met again, it was completely random: in another test, they each joined another herd, with one joining a zebra herd!

in pack hunting, two packs of lions met. one male killed the other, and doubled the size of the pack! also, when babies grew up, they ran away before the dad coud kill them. they lived alone, till they met the pack again. then a fight would start, and usually, the younger lion took over the pack. when 2 packs combined, baby ratings doubled, and my lions were finishing food WAAAAAAAY too fast. i had to... ;et's just say, let some go... *cough* dundee *cough* eventually, the pack will break up, with female only groups becoming extinct early, and the other groups surviving. i tried adding 1 male to each male-less group, but then i had 10 packs of lions walking around, and pretty soon, they met, 1 ruled them all, then they broke up. eventually, i had 1 pack agaion, then 6, then 2, then steady again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PsychicZookeeper
post Sep 8 2006, 03:23 AM
Post #9

Responsible for Bart 1 and Bart 2
Group Icon

Group: Owner [The Boss]

Member No.: 33

Interesting behaviors! I confess that, especially in the original ZT2, my game ran so choppy that I did not have the patience to watch the way you have. Seems I missed a lot!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Babale
post Sep 8 2006, 03:27 AM
Post #10

Werewolf Berserker

yes, you have. make a contest on it? wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PsychicZookeeper
post Sep 8 2006, 03:34 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

we have something planned, in the works for a few weeks/months now wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Babale
post Sep 8 2006, 04:24 AM
Post #12

Werewolf Berserker

QUOTE (PsychicZookeeper @ Sep 8 2006, 03:34 AM) *
we have something planned, in the works for a few weeks/months now wink.gif

please make it no expensions, cause i came up with it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
PsychicZookeeper
post Sep 9 2006, 01:51 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Like I said, we have had this in the works since May, but we can tailor many for those with no expansions, at your request!

--------------------

+Quote Post
kittisbat
post Nov 23 2006, 09:52 PM
Post #14

Black Leopard

Group: Zookeeper

Member No.: 4806

(yes this is from an expansion) The wolves and wild dogs will split up imediatley to form packs. When they meet though (wich rarely happens, they are quite solitary when it comes to other packs) they did it to fight for land, wich of course means they wont swich packs.

+Quote Post
Golden panda
post Nov 30 2006, 01:24 PM
Post #15

Jelly is Yum Yum

Group: Scientist

Member No.: 5108

I've seen a male gorrilla have a weird behaviour.The activity was 'Calling Troups'. Anyone ever seen that?

--------------------
Forget about the milk mustache. The milk beard is all the rage.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 11:02 PM