> ES: Awards that Unlock Items, For use only in that one game
PsychicZookeeper
post Oct 22 2005, 07:11 PM
Post #1

Responsible for Bart 1 and Bart 2
Group Icon

Group: Owner [The Boss]

Member No.: 33

This article is an original, copyrighted work and protected under copyright laws. Members have permission to print pages or email them to yourself for your own personal use, however, please do not distribute them.

Awards and Unlock Items

Challenge Games

In Challenge Games, the following awards unlock items for use in that Challenge game only.

*Zoo Tycoon Award -- Enhanced Zoo Gate
*Endangered Species Award -- adopt 20 different critically or endangered animals -- Enhanced Zoo Wall columns
*Endangered Animal Release Effort Award -- release 10 different critically or endangered animals to the wild -- Enhanced Zoo Walls
*Twentieth Anniversary Award -- zoo open for 20 years -- Blimp
*Twenty Thousand Guests Attendance Award -- 20,000 guests must visit the zoo -- Zoo Attendance Statue
*Tour Tycoon Level One Award -- raise $25,000 in tour donations -- Jeep Commanders available
*Tour Tycoon Level Two Award -- raise $250,000 in tour donations -- Decorated Jeep Vehicle
*Transportation Tycoon Level One Award -- move 100 guests on a Jeep vehicle or sky tram circuit -- Two Seat Sky Tram Carts
*Transportation Tycoon Level Two Award -- move 500 guests on a Jeep vehicle or sky tram circuit -- Four Seat Sky Tram Carts
*Transportation Tycoon Level Three Award -- move 1000 guests on a Jeep vehicle or sky tram circuit -- Upgraded Sky Tram Vehicles
*Birth of Endangered or Critically Endangered Animal -- Balloon Bouquet
*Endangered Babies Award -- birth of 10 different endangered or critically endangered animals -- Animal Babies Statue
*Entertainment Donation Achievement Award -- raise $250,000 in animal donations -- Face Painting Kiosk
*Educational Donation Award -- raise $125,000 in educational donations -- Headset Kiosk
*Endangered Species Photography Award -- complete four different Endangered Species photo challenges -- Photo Kiosk
*Tour Rating Achievement Award -- achieve a five-star rating for both a Jeep vehicle tour and a sky tram system -- Sky Tower

Campaign Games

In Campaigns, the following items are available at the appropriate Zoo Fame level. You do not need to win any particular award.

*Jeep Commanders, Decorated Jeep Vehicles, Two Seat Sky Tram Carts, Four Seat Sky Tram Carts, Upgraded Sky Tram Vehicles

*For the Birth of Endangered or Critically Endangered Animal, you receive the award -- Balloon Bouquet

*These items are not available: Enhanced Zoo Gate, Enhanced Zoo Wall columns, Enhanced Zoo Walls, Blimp, Zoo Attendance Statue, Animal Babies Statue, Face Painting Kiosk, Headset Kiosk, Photo Kiosk, Sky Tower

Freeform Games

In Freeform Games, the following items are available immediately.

* Jeep Commanders, Decorated Jeep Vehicles, Two Seat Sky Tram Carts, Four Seat Sky Tram Carts, Upgraded Sky Tram Vehicles, Face Painting Kiosk, Headset Kiosk, Photo Kiosk, Sky Tower

In Freeform Games, the following awards unlock items:

*Endangered Species Award -- adopt 20 different critically or endangered animals -- Enhanced Zoo Wall columns
*Endangered Animal Release Effort Award -- release 20 (although everything says 10, it has taken me 20 species) different critically or endangered animals to the wild -- Enhanced Zoo Walls
*Twentieth Anniversary Award -- zoo open for 20 years -- Blimp
*Twenty Thousand Guests Attendance Award -- 20,000 guests must visit the zoo -- Zoo Attendance Statue
*Birth of Endangered or Critically Endangered Animal -- Balloon Bouquet
*Endangered Babies Award -- birth of 10 different endangered or critically endangered animals (I don't know if it is 10 births or 10 babies born, that is, I haven't counted to see whether tiger twins count as two births or one)-- Animal Babies Statue

In Freeform Games, there is an Enhanced Zoo Gate available but I don't yet know what triggers it.

This post has been edited by PsychicZookeeper: Jan 30 2006, 10:11 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anyajoy
post Oct 24 2005, 03:00 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Ailuromaniac
Group Icon

Group: DRT [Mod]

Member No.: 2075

Oh my goodness! laugh.gif I can't wait to play this game!! I actually bought it last Thursday but with my computer out for repairs I haven't been able to play it! Soon!

--------------------

"God made the cat in order that humankind might have the pleasure of caressing the tiger." --Fernand Mey
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats." --Albert Schweitzer

+Quote Post
PsychicZookeeper
post Oct 24 2005, 03:46 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

I want the 20 year blimp!

--------------------

+Quote Post
PsychicZookeeper
post Oct 28 2005, 03:15 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Updated info!

--------------------

+Quote Post
PsychicZookeeper
post Jan 30 2006, 10:13 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Updated again. This time I completely rewrote the first post with separate info on Campaigns, Challenges, and Freeform Games.

I haven't yet played everything all the way through, so if there are inaccuracies, please let me know!

--------------------

+Quote Post
RBoz
post Jan 31 2006, 01:33 AM
Post #6

Ice Princess

Group: Tour Guide

Member No.: 1159

I got the Animal Babies Statue in a challenge game, but I can't move it and I can't buy another one (in fact, it was placed in an exhibit so I had to delete a few fences so guests could walk up to it). Once I unlock it, am I not allowed to move it or purchase another one? And I'm assuming that it doesn't unlock for all forms because I can't buy one in my freeform game either.

--------------------
The Essence of Survival:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster
than the fastest lion or it will be killed...every morning a lion wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death.
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle...when the sun
comes up, you'd better be running."

+Quote Post
Anyajoy
post Jan 31 2006, 02:23 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Ailuromaniac
Group Icon

All the animal babies statues I've been awarded have been delivered to the zoo, near the entrance, in a crate, and usually deposited in an exhibit. I've always picked it up and moved it to a nice location in the zoo, then have uncrated it.

One zoo I worked on (challenge, I think) brought so many of these statues into my zoo that they were lined up like in a gallery, about eight different statues! I've never been able to purchase one though. This probably doesn't really answer any of the questions, but at least here's another person who has only received them as awards.

--------------------

"God made the cat in order that humankind might have the pleasure of caressing the tiger." --Fernand Mey
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats." --Albert Schweitzer

+Quote Post
PsychicZookeeper
post Jan 31 2006, 07:19 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

RBoz, yes, that Animal Babies statue is a bit of a pain. You receive one each time you have 10 births. But once you uncrate it, you cannot move it. You have to put it in its final destination before you open the crate. And the crate is pretty big, the statue is smaller. And the statue never comes available on the menu to buy one. I'll add a picture later tonight or tomorrow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zerth
post Jan 31 2006, 09:23 PM
Post #9

White Bengal Tiger

Group: Maintenance Worker

Member No.: 3207

Also, if you've received the Statue, and saved your game, then re-load it, it spawns another copy in the crate, etc...

Personally I find that it is:
1) terribly annoying to place
2) not something the guests seem overly interested in

So I usually just sell it for whatever it's worth ($280 I think)

This post has been edited by Zerth: Jan 31 2006, 09:24 PM

--------------------
Life is the Teacher,
Pain is the Lesson,
Scars are your Diploma.

+Quote Post
RBoz
post Feb 2 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #10

Ice Princess

Group: Tour Guide

Member No.: 1159

Ok, thanks guys. I have only recieved one so I didn't know that I should have moved it first, and I didn't think of that afterwards. I'll have to remember that. I mainly have trouble keeping track of all those balloons I keep getting for births. Oh well. biggrin.gif Thanks again.

--------------------
The Essence of Survival:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster
than the fastest lion or it will be killed...every morning a lion wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death.
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle...when the sun
comes up, you'd better be running."

+Quote Post
PsychicZookeeper
post Feb 2 2006, 06:48 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

The easy thing about the balloons is that if you click the message that says you got the balloon, it takes you to the balloon! Then you can easily pick it up and take it to the proper animal enclosure since the animal is listed in the message. Beats the heck out of trying to figure out whether you should be moving the blue balloons or the pink or the mixed! laugh.gif Only thing is you have to get to the message before it drops off the bottom.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anyajoy
post Feb 2 2006, 07:26 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Ailuromaniac
Group Icon

Boy is that ever the truth! Has anyone else become so engrossed in building the zoo that the balloons are lined up like soldiers in a line? laugh.gif Once I had about 7, and going back through the messages only told me where about four of them belonged! Keeping track is especially hard if you like your messages displayed just one at a time!

--------------------

+Quote Post
TazLover
post Feb 3 2006, 01:30 AM
Post #13

T-Rex
Group Icon

Member No.: 2752

I have Anya but more because I thought I had the game on pause and walked away for about an hour. I got back and all heck had broken loose. I didn't know the balloons came in different colors - mine were all silver (I think).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anyajoy
post Feb 3 2006, 01:34 AM
Post #14

Dedicated Ailuromaniac
Group Icon

The only colors I've seen are blue for male babies and pink for female babies. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ratbag Oz
post Feb 3 2006, 02:25 AM
Post #15

True Blue Aussie Designer
Group Icon

Member No.: 329

I too, have only had "silver" but I think our silver may be your blue? and perhaps we have only had males wink.gif

taz.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 01:52 PM