Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marine Mania 2 - Hybrid Exhibit Tutorial
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed Forums > Zoo Tycoon 2 > ZT2 Tour Guides > ZT2 Guides & Articles
OldLadyMoose
This article is an original, copyrighted work and protected under copyright laws. Members have permission to print pages or email them to yourself for your own personal use, however, please do not distribute them without express permission from the author!

Zoo Tycoon 2
Marine Mania
Hybrid Exhibit Tutorial

Part I. Non Marine Mania animals.

1. Choose the area where you wish to build your exhibit and paint with the appropriate biome brush.
Click to view attachment

2. Place fencing where the exhibit will be land.
Click to view attachment

3. Place tank walls where the exhibit will be deep water.
Click to view attachment

4. Paint deep water on the inside of the tank walls.
Click to view attachment

5. Place rocks, plants and trees inside the exhibit.
Click to view attachment

6. Using the create valley tool, lower the ground on the outside of the tank walls.
Click to view attachment

7. Placing viewing areas both outside the tank walls and outside the fences will allow your guests to observe the animals both on the land and underwater.
Click to view attachment

8. Use the smooth terrain tool to make the path usable between the upper and lower viewing areas.
Click to view attachment

9. At this time, change to guest mode and take a look at the exhibit from the viewing area outside the tank wall.
Click to view attachment

10. Also in guest mode, move about inside the tank walls underwater and take note of any corrections that need to be made to the underwater terrain.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

11. When a tank filter is placed, something magic happens.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

12. Hire a zookeeper and adopt the animals. Place the appropriate food, water and enrichment items.
Click to view attachment

13. The hybrid exhibit has been constructed. Now, enjoy it.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
OldLadyMoose
This article is an original, copyrighted work and protected under copyright laws. Members have permission to print pages or email them to yourself for your own personal use, however, please do not distribute them without express permission from the author!

Zoo Tycoon 2
Marine Mania
Hybrid Exhibit Tutorial

Part II. Marine Mania animals.

1. Choose the area where you wish to build your exhibit and paint with the appropriate biome brush.

2. Place fencing where the exhibit will be land and tank walls where the exhibit will be deep water

3. Paint deep water on the inside of the tank walls. In the example posted here, the California Sea Lions are “show” animals and can be trained. If you plan on training your seals, leave adequate space on the water surface for you or the trainer to place the various trick apparatus.

4. Using the create ditch tool, lower the sea floor on the inside of the exhibit.

5. Using the create flatten terrain tool, begin to level the ground on the outside of the tank walls.

6. Although it isn’t necessary, using the smooth terrain tool will give the slope of the land a more natural look.

7. Use the flatten terrain tool to make room for a viewing area around the exhibit.

8. Use the smooth terrain tool to even out the path between the upper and lower viewing areas..

9. Adopt the animals, place their food, water and enrichment items. Add the appropriate terrain items.

10. Add a tank filter, if you wish, and if you have left adequate room for a training area within the exhibit, place a tank entrance on one of the tank walls. (The tank entrance has been placed on this exhibit for illustration only. There is not enough water surface area for training.)

11. Finally, for the benefit of your guests and the added income from donations, make the outside of the exhibit as nice as possible.
Stormy
These are amazing guides OLM! Fantastic! You build beautiful exhibits!!! biggrin.gif
PolarBeartoo
Thatīs a great tutorial OLM. Hybrid exhibits are always the hardest to do and you just helped make it easier

clap.gif clap.gif :colorful bounce: :colorful bounce:
kittisbat
They are great! But OLM, you posted Part II twice.l
Howlingmoon
QUOTE (kittisbat @ Jan 27 2007, 11:20 AM) *
They are great! But OLM, you posted Part II twice.l

Fixed. wink.gif

Great guides, OLM! I know I'll be using these myself. biggrin.gif
Anyajoy
Absolutely fantastic!!! clap.gif :dancing bean: Wonderful article. Thank you, OLM. flowers.gif
Albino Lion
Yay!!! Finally someone has shown me how to do a correct combined exhibit. Thank You!!!
Therapyfailedme
Very nice, pretty much exactly as I've been doing it. I do, however, have one small contention. I tend to use all 4 walls of the aquarium (using the opaque wall for the 'breakline' between land & water for economy) so I can later adjust water depth as necessary. It's not quite as aesthetically pleasing, but it's more space efficient if, for instance, you want to have a tundra/water exhibit but start training belugas immediately.

One other thing I'd suggest for the sunken pathway around your exhibit. I put up the cheapest line of fencing I have and use it as a governor for the ditching & smoothing (the post & rope fence works great and looks really sharp for this). If (like me) you stick to pathways 3 wide, it works great for 2 sunken pathways on the outsides and a standard height pathway down the middle for guests who are just passing through, keeping the travellers moving a bit faster.
taysha
ERhmm Therapy...do you have a picture of that...sorry blush.gif but I can't really seem to understand what you mean...
Anyajoy
I was also thinking a pic might be nice. wink.gif biggrin.gif
ajay
OLM-that's beautiful! Thanks!

Therapy-I'd like to see pics too. I'm intrigued.
kittisbat
I agree, you lost me. whistle.gif
Soopermum62
I think Therapyfailedme is doing what we call a combined exhibit with a tank. To be sure though, I would like to see a picture also.

I prefer the hybrid exhibit which is described here.
Shannon
Wow a great job just wonderful.
Witzy
Wow ... to risk sounding like a total copy-cat *lol*, this was an awesome guide! Pictures help me a lot *lol*. I always manage to mess up my hybrid exhibits, so I avoid doing them sometimes.
Peck Peck
This tutorial is amzing. Its the only one I've seen that is easy to understand.
RacerGirl
Nice guide! The pictures make it very easy to understand.
ponibabi9
All Hail OLM
not worthy.gif not worthy.gif flowers.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.